WP4 Corrosion resistant high-temperature metals and coatings for molten salts
WP Leader: UCM
- Develop corrosion resistant coatings for steels in molten salt environments and optimize the deposition conditions.
- Study the corrosion behavior of different substrate steels (uncoated) and new corrosion resistant coatings in molten salt environments, in both static and dynamic systems (to estimate long-term corrosion rates).
- Study the effect of molten salts in the heat-affected zone of weld regions.
- Analyse the influence of molten salt impurities on the corrosion rate of the previously proposed steels and coatings. Define acceptable impurity levels.
- Develop an on-line corrosion monitoring system for molten salt environments. Perform tests in laboratory and industrial scale.