WP3 Receiver coatings
WP Leader: BSII
- Lifetime and durability estimation of four high solar absorptance (HSA) coatings developed by four consortium partners (BSII, Fraunhofer, DFI and INTA/BSII coating system). The coatings will be tested under realistic solar flux profiles and lifelike thermal cycling and stresses to understand their failure mechanisms.
- Coating design improvement (BSII, INTA, Fraunhofer, DFI) and accelerated testing to prove extended lifetime.
- Examination of an on-tower application method and solar curing of one HSA coating for recoating or repair of coatings to save O&M cost.
- Development of an automatic application machine for one HSA coating for improvement of coating durability and optical performance due to improved homogeneity of the layer deposition.
- Improving the application process and the environmental resistance of a sol-gel absorber and AR coatings for non-evacuated linear receivers.